Re: foucault and islam

--------------B6D1F85F9F923109EAF331AE

Mark,

Edward Said has made use of Foucault to analyse the Western perspective
on islam and 'orientals'. His books, including his classic work
"Orientalism", might be a very good place to start.

I would be interested in other sources on the subject you find. Just
send them to me directly if the list does not pick up on this subject.

Jesper.

Mark LeVine wrote:

> can anyone refer me to any work that's been done on foucault and islam,
> especially on his coverage of the iranian revolution that appeared in
> the italian and french press.
>
> thanks!
> mark levine
>
> --
> Mark LeVine, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor
> Dept. of History
> University of California, Irvine
>
> Contact information, Summer-Fall 2001:
>
> 32-22 204th Street
> Bayside, NY 11361, USA
> 718 423 7357
> 718 423 2229 - fax
> <mark.levine@xxxxxx>
--------------B6D1F85F9F923109EAF331AE

begin:vcard
n:Grolin;Jesper
tel;fax:+45 38 15 28 65
tel;home:+45 38 11 70 15
tel;work:+45 38 15 29 60
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Copenhagen Business School;Department for Organization & Industrial Sociology
adr:;;Solbjerg Plads 3;2000 Frederiksberg;Denmark;;
version:2.1
email;internet:jg.ioa@xxxxxx
title:Assistant Research Professor
fn:Jesper Grolin