Re: Genetic Fallacy

<P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Larry</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Few comments come to mind concerning your last post on the abover subject. I will make my comments without necessarily taking position on other matters being discussed here..</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I think one would commit genetic fallacy only if one considers West in geographical, territorial, or racial terms..if one considers West in value terms that is as a civilisation one does not necessarily commit a genetic fallacy by considering nationalism, liberalism, socialsim etc as Western...in this way one can consider natioanlism in modern political sense as a Western notion which can be implemented anywhere in the world but at the expense of transformation of that society in a manner that is dictated by Western history...this would be then termed as Westernisation..West in this sense is the bearer of universal values, of unviersal history and the rest as moments in that universal saga...</DIV>
<DIV>this is all hypthetical and not necessarily seconded by events</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>regards</DIV>