Re: june 1967 -- Plateau of 'First Strike'

--- Ali Rizvi <ali_m_rizvi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<HR>
<P>eldorra</P>
<P>do you know Foucault as against Deleuze always
supported the state and ppl of Israel?</P>
<P>just curious!</P>
<P>regards</P>
<P>ali</P>
<P>"In 1982 or 1983, in Foucault's apartment, we were
watching a televised report on the Palestinian-Israeli
conflict; at one point one of the combatants (which
side he was on is utterly unimportant) was invited to
speak. Now this man spoke in terms quite different
from the ones ordinarily encountered in political
discussions: "I know only one thing", this partisan
said, "I want to win back the lands of my forefathers.
This is what I have wanted sicne my teens; I don't
know where this passion comes from, but there it is".
"There we have it at last," Foucault said to me,
"everything has been said, there's nothing more to
say".</P>
<P>(reported by Paul Veyne).</P>
<P><BR><BR>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>