A twist to dossier and gaze

I have been chatting offline with Lisa Hennon regarding gaze and dossier.
This posting is to solicit feedback about what I am trying to do with gaze
and dossier.

The dossier I am referring to is one that relates to an event. For example,
the official corporate line regarding an environmental disaster caused by
the the company. I was interviewing a petrochemical CEO and, rather than
talk about the event, the CEO said he would give me a copy of the
confidential report.

The way I am considering dossier and gaze is that the dossier on the event
enables the manager to direct a gaze that implies 'everything is fine and
don't worry ... we have everything under control ... it will not re-occur.'

This seems to be something entirely different from what is in Discipline and
Punish (I am half way through that now.)

Any comments?