RE: RE: Re: A twist to dossier and gaze

Lionel

I wonder if it may be more productive to think of these dossiers, not _as_
archives, but as part of archives. In other words, how are they bound up
within a system of law, corporate behaviour, precedent, accountability,
business-speak, etc. etc. It would seem to be interesting to look at how
closely the way of writing in these reports across different companies and
events could be seen as part of a whole. Of course, an individual dossier
might be part of the transformation of the wider archive, in this sense.

It seems to think of an individual dossier as an archive is somewhat narrow
as a way of understanding and utilising Foucault's work. In this sense these
dossiers would be more akin to statements - see the use of the term 'énoncé'
[statement] in AK.

I don't doubt that companies write a report in order to try to impose their
version of events. I guess I would have some scepticism as to how much they
have freedom to write it as they wish, and to create their own law. I
suspect that they are operating to an extent within a wider context over
which they have limited control.

Just some quick thoughts - hope they are some help.

Stuart