Re: politics of experience: no where to run!!

John,

A friend just posted this trippy well known quotation
from Foucault:

'One can easily see how LSD inverts relations between
ill humour, stupidity and thought; no sooner has it
short-circuited the suzeranity of categories than it
tears away the ground from its indifference and
reduces to nothing th glum mimicry of stupidity; not
only does it reveal this whole univocal and
a-categorical mass to be rainbow-colored, mobile,
asymmetrical, decentred, spiraloud and resonating; it
makes it swarm constantlywith event-fantasies; sliding
across this surface, which is at once punctiform and
immensely vibaratory, thought, freed from its
catatonic chrysalis, has always contemplated the
infinite equivalence which has become an acute event
and sumptuously adorned repetition.' (Theatrum
Philosophicum, on Critique 282, Nov 70, p895-6.)

Actually, i am suposing that -as you say- certain
drugs do have certain effects in common...for example
it is posible that LSD´s "effect" could be used to
cure alcoholism (and other adictions...) we also know
that opium can mitigate pain ...

it seems that these two substances could bring us to
determinate the polarities of a spectrum of posible
effects, if we consider that drugs effects are also
related to a significant context, this is, to a
personal construction of the meanings that the
individual existence needs to socialize...

If we consider deleuzian and guattarian points of view
-even foucaultian- the use of drugs is directly
related to the creation of thinking systems...they are
subjetive tools that could be methodic and systematic
to design relations far away from historical
edipizazed representations....

adr