Re: Television as a discursive object

In Toronto we press 'on' on the remote control.

My guess is that it is a 'mediator' of discourse in that it sets parameteres
within which discourse can occur. Subjects are constrained by these
parameters and the discourse that takes place is likewise limited.

Page 50-5 of AK has stuff that I have found especially helpful in my
research and I come back to it again when I think of this, but perhaps it
has coulded my ideas.

>From: François Gagnon <francois.gagnon.1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Can you give an indication of how you see it?
>F.
>
>Selon "cvs. sarma" <cvssn@xxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Can anyone explain how one can go about making Television as an Object
>of
> > Discourse"? (based on 'Formation of Objects' from Archaeology of
>knowledge.)
> >
> > I am trying to use Foucault as a beginning lecture for an Analysing
> > Television course (Graduate level).
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > C.V.S.Sarma
> >

>Franois Gagnon
>tudiant au Doctorat
>Dpartement de Communication
>Universit de Montral
>(514)343-6111 poste 1464

// How do senior managers
///// deliberate regarding
/////// triple-bottom-line
/////// issues?
_ _ _ _ //////
|_|_|_|_|//////_| http://www.geocities.com/lionelboxer/phd
|_|/////////|_|_| Lionel Boxer CD MBA BTech(IE)
|_/////////_|_|_| Management Consultant
|//////_|_|_|_|_| mobile: 0411267256
I N T E R G O N
PO Box 2013 http://intergon.freeyellow.com