Re: Drugs and Social Reality

WARNING: serious scholars throw this one away too. its a drunken rant. i
know silence would probably be the best policy...but i'm really pissed off.

> Human beings exist prior to discourse
> and culture (whatever Foucault may believe).

> There were many repressed impulses, desires and thoughts
> lurking below the surface. There was a longing for something deeper.

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU POSTING ON THE FOUCAULT LIST???? If you want to spout
random psychoanalytic bullshit (which, by the way, you aren't backing up at
all with anything other than blind fucking assertions) go do that in the
random psychoanalytic bullshit list. In these 2 statements you have
rejected the almost ALL of Foucault's work. If you want to actually make
the argument that the repressive hypothesis is not a flawed framework, go
fer it. But just saying "human being exist prior to discourse" without
backing it up in any way is just plain dogmatic and stupid. And why do you
say "whatever Foucault may believe). Foucault did extensive research on
this. Large sections of at least four of his major books are devoted to
showing how it is historically inaccurate to say the subject is repressed.
On they other hand you have your random assertion that "human beings exist
prior to discourse and culture." Go you.

Sorry...sorry. I know I'm an asshole. Thats just my style. But I mean
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!