Foucault and the analytical philosophy

I seem to remember that there is a discussion of the analytic dimensions of
Foucault's thought in the introduction to Foucault and his Interlocutors,
ed. Arnold Davidson.

Also, there are two different versions of "what is an author" in
English. The one in Rabinow's Foucualt Reader is used more by literary
theory types. The other version (which I will to give the reference for
later, since I don't have it handy) contain a number of statements relating
to Anglo-American (analytic) philosophy of language (particularly about
nameing, definite descriptions, etc., if memory serves). I have always
found this version to be far more interesting --and, in reference to the
previous question about his contact with (or knowledge of) analytic
philosophy, it could help us place this a bit better.

I also remember (an interview, I think) where Foucault excuses himself
saying "I'm not an analytic philosopher --nobody's perfect.")

best wishes,
Nate