Re: combats with AIDS, and Foucault's personal attitude

Anthony,

Well, yes, I must agree with you, but that similarity does not change the
problem of HIV/AIDS. Dissidents are people who are doctors, phisitians,
researchers, people from all around the world, and they do describe the
problem in a very reasonable way. Their view is that aids could be caused by
the way of life of a person - using drugs, starvation, compulsive sex, and
they do include cigarette smoking as an activity that causes
immunodeficiency.
What strikes me in that controversy is the fact that very reliable
scientists cease to have a voice in the official medical press, are
ridiculized in the media, after just questioning a more accurate research
before stating something as a truth.
Personally, I am acquainted with quite a number of people who are HIV +, but
do try to live a healthy life (some of these people just refuse to take any
medication at all) and none of them is getting sick, in a period of over ten
years. Actually, they seem to be healthier than me, and I do smoke tobaco,
but I´m not labeled HIV+.
I cannot be sure about what is really happening, but a fact is that those
scientists do have a good point on the issue, but the world deals with aids
in a very sensationalist way. And no one can deny that the farmaceutical
industry does have quite a big lot of profit out of selling medication to
that syndrome.

Carlos