Re: two questions about governmentality

on 24/3/04 8:34 PM, ColinNGordon@xxxxxxx at ColinNGordon@xxxxxxx wrote:

> CIVIC FREEDOM IN A GLOBALISING AGE
> http://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/pdf/TullyCahiersEN.pdf
hi Pam - here is the Tully paper which takes parrhesia as an expression of
globalization from below.
It has occurred to me (again) that I am not too keen to go to AARE so I
would be quite happy (read, very happy) for you to do this by yourself.

Writing is going slowly - doing last edit on some chapters. But the
Globalization chapter is looking very ill.
I suspect I am feeling ill the spirit. Read in the NY Times that the
American truck driver abducted in Iraq was a small time dairy farmer who
couldn't make ends meet, had lots of farming debt and went to work for
Halliburton to clear this.

New take on globalization? or the same old colonial story, 'poor white
transported somewhere to lean on poor black/muslim etc etc.

happy to come in for coffee to celebrate Wing's handing in. BTW - just a
question was CL's student (the one who failed) an international student?

Take care - hope you get a chance to read the Tully paper. I read it and
thought of you

Love