Re: [Foucault-L] Re: Foucault and Analytical Philosophy

Ben:

we had a good discussion of this issue on list a while ago - I suggest
searching the archives.
an interesting tid-bit that you can find in the Dits et Ecrits
chronology that was brought to my attention by Daniel Defert when he
was in London last year was that Foucault had a neighbour in Tunis who
was a Frenchman who was an expert in analytic philosophy, whose
library Foucault read from at that time, having left his own books in
Paris - this had a massive influence on the Archaeology of Knowledge,
which he was writing at that time.
what this has to do with Erving Goffman is obscure to me, though of
course the similarity of Foucault to Goffman has been noted and needs
further attention in sociology.

Mark