Re: [Foucault-L] Re: Foucault and Analytical Philosophy

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<title></title>
          Ben,<br>
 I'm reading &lt;Arch&eacute;ologie du Savoir&gt; by now.<br>
In the chapter about statements ("&eacute;nonc&eacute;s"), Foucault writes<br>
about statements level ("niveaux &eacute;nonciatifs") <br>
or statements relations ("relations &eacute;nonciatives"),<br>
which may remind the langage games<br>
(sprachspiel) of Wittgenstein.<br>
 In this same chapter, Foucault works on<br>
 the difference between what he calls "&eacute;nonc&eacute;" and "speech acts"<br>
 ("a concept of english analytical philosophers..."),<br>
a probable reference to Searle and Austin.<br>
 Leon <br>
 Ben Sorgiovanni escreveu:<br>

 cite="midBAY102-F411A52BD653CAD2BD4A112DE490@xxxxxxx">Hi all,<br>
 I am interested in learning more about the influence that analytical<br>
 philosophy had on Foucault and his ideas of power and discourse.&nbsp; In<br>
 'Foucault and His Interlocutors', in the chapter entitled 'Structures and<br>
 Strategies of Discourse', Davidson quotes Foucault:<br>
 "For Anglo-Saxon analytic philosophy it is a question of making a critical<br>
 analysis of thought on the basis of the way in which one says things.&nbsp; I<br>
 think on could imagine, in the same way, a philosophy that would ... bear<br>
 rather on relations of power than on language games."<br>
 Davidson later cites Foucault's early engagement with linguistic philosophy<br>
 and Wittgenstein in particular as evidence that Foucault's philosophy grew<br>
 from influences that weren't purely continental.<br>
 I was wondering if anyone knew of any other statements by Foucault or<br>
 otherwise, in which this relationship is discussed?<br>
 Cheers,<br>
 Ben Sorgiovanni<br>

<pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
Espa&ccedil;o Z Design
AGORA COM NOVO SITE
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.zd.com.br";>http://www.zd.com.br</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:leon@xxxxxxxxx";>leon@xxxxxxxxx</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:zdesign@xxxxxxxxx";>zdesign@xxxxxxxxx</a>
48 - 2230677

Esteja a&iacute;. Onde estiver.
--</pre>

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Re: Foucault and Analytical Philosophy
    • From: Lionel Boxer