[Foucault-L] Disjunctions

Hello there!

I'm a new member to the list, a PhD student in Toronto studying Canadian puppetry, and I have a burning question about Foucault, and this seems to be the best place to turn! I have come across a brief reference to Foucault's idea of "disjunctions," which appear to be related to the construction of history, much like Kuhn's "paradigm shifts." The article in which they are mentioned (Thomas Postlewait's "Historiography and the Theatrical Event: A Primer with Twelve Cruxes") says no more than that. Could somebody on the list help me out with this? Thanks so much!

Jamie Ashby

PhD Candidate
Graduate Centre for Study of Drama,
University of Toronto