From: "Lionel Boxer" <lboxer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <foucault-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:33:25 +1000
Subject: Re: [Foucault-L] Introduction to the listserve

I have thought the same about call centres when I started reading Foucault
Sam. The panopticon came to mind, but I recall someone explaining on this
list that Foucault mentioned later in interviews that resistance was the
issue he overlooked in his earlier work about panopticon.

I have been working with Quality Management since 1981 (listed in the
International Who's Who of Quality in 1993 - see amazon.com). A few years
ago one of my clients was a call centre operation in Australia. Regarding
quality management, you might find my industry articles interesting:
http://intergon.net/articles.html :
- Leading to Quality and Success
- Leadership from the Centre
- Leadership or Thuggery
- Using TQM to Reduce Environmental Pullution
(somewhere I have a lot of other articles - mostly on apple mac format if my
mac still fires up I will find time to translate them into MSword)

Speaking of surveillance, I was sent images of ATM scanning scam technology.
If interested see the link at my website: http://intergon.net/ (in charity
section)

Lionel Boxer CD PhD MBA - 0411267256 - lboxer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sustainability and leadership - see http://intergon.net