[Foucault-L] Williams S. Bourroughs and Foucault

Word Virus: The William S. Burroughs Reader is a book? Is interesting the
connection you make between William and Foucault, especially about lenguage
saying that the word is a virus. Lenguage can be tricky, I remember a quote
from Foucault were he says that lenguage not only separate us from things
but lenguage is the distance itself. Do you know how can I get a copy of
"Word Virus..." if there is anything on the net? Badly, I live in Chile, so
is a little difficult for me to get some books... What connections you see
between Word Virus and Foucault thoughs on lenguage? Do you know the work of
Mishima?

Best wishes,

Fernando Williams

Tony Roberts: Do you know the work of William S. Burroughs? His entire body
of work is about the addiction to intense experience. His obsession with
systems of control that we become selves by interpolating echoes Foucault as
does his emphasis on sites of resistance and the psycho-technologies which
create them. I believe his concept of language as a virus that infects us
and uses us to reproduce is a step beyond Foucault. "Word Virus: The William
S. Burroughs Reader" would be a good place to start.
Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Williams S. Bourroughs and Foucault
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Williams S. Bourroughs and Foucault
    • From: Azer Kilic