[Foucault-L] interventions web log

Dear Foucault-L list members,

It might be of interest to you to know that I have set up a blog (http://materialist.blogsome.com) for discussing various theoretical matters, under the guise of thinking through "the non-philosophy of the non-state" announced in Althusser's 'The Transformation of Philosophy' (1976) and discussed by myself and others in the latest issue of borderlands e-journal.

One of the things we hope to do there is to have a reading group on Althusser's _Machiavelli and Us_ and the forthcoming volume _Philosophy of the Encounter_ when the latter appears (by June - see the latest entry on my blog), together with rethinking several already published essays from the same period (1972-78). As the contribution of Holden and Elden (to borderlands) on Althusser and Foucault on Machiavelli demonstrates, there is much there that should be of interest to members of this list. Anyone who is interested should follow the blog over the next few months and contact me directly using this email, or through the comments functionality on the blog (moderated).

best wishes

David McInerney
Associate Editor
borderlands e-journal