From: foucault-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:foucault-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Clare O'Farrell
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 2:54 AM
To: foucault-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Foucault-L] media rant about Foucault

Dear Foucault listers

I thought you might be interested in seeing this extremely virulent
attack on Foucault in today's "The Australian" describing him as the
evil genius behind postmodernism and thus Marxism (!) and "a
posthumous arbiter in the way our children and university students
are taught"

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,18874034-601,00.html
(article pasted below)

I find the increasing incidence of these kind of rabid and
uninformed right wing rants in the Western press very disturbing. on
the front page of the same newspaper the prime minister of Australia
was criticising "postmodern" influences on the Australian English
curriculum
--
Clare