From: <woland@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: [Foucault-L] the subject is a form (+introduction: AnttI
Sadinmaa)

Hi,

If the references in my old seminar paper are right, Foucault should say
that in "The Ethics of the Concern for Self as a Practice of Freedom"
which can be found in "Ethics. Essential Works of Foucault 1954-1984"
(page 290 to be exact).

I reckon introducing myself after lurking in the shadows for a long time,
should be in order. My name is Antti Sadinmaa and I'm studying philosophy
at the unirversity of Jyväskylä, Finland. Currently I'm working on my M.A.
thesis which will deal with resistance, ethics and freedom in Foucault's
philosophy. My idea is to explore the 2 forms of resistance (resistance as
tactical reversal and resistance as creation of autonomus forms of life)
and elaborate on the concept of freedom these 2 forms presuppose. If
anyone knows some books worth reading concerning the topic, feel free to
contact. All questions, comments and suggestions are also warmly welcome.

Best regards,

Antti Sadinmaa.