[Foucault-L] Foucault Graduate Studies Recommendations

Hello everyone,

I am currently beginning the application process to attend graduate school
in the fall of 2007. Although I have not developed a specific graduate
project, I do know that I would like to primarily study the works of
Michel Foucault. I have consulted a few of my teachers regarding programs
or professors at the MA- or PhD-level who primarily teach the texts of
Michel Foucault, and I wanted to extend this question to you. If you have
any recommendations for professors or departments with whom you think I
would enjoy studying Foucault?s works, I would greatly appreciate your
Spanish and I am learning French. Icing on the academic cake would be if
the department offered some instruction on any of the major writers that
Foucault deals with in his works, such as Heidegger, Nietzsche, Kant,
Marx, Sartre, de Sade, or Bataille, etc. ? though I prefer strong programs
focusing on Foucault over weaker programs that include these other
writers.

Thank you for your help. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Peter Mancina

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault Graduate Studies Recommendations
  • [Foucault-L] Re : Foucault Graduate Studies Recommendations
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault Graduate Studies Recommendations
    • From: John Hartmann