Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault's Ethics

Hi peter, your post reminded me of a passage I recall
reading in 'Mental illness and psychology' which spoke
of the problem posed by a system of education which
presents children a picture of the adult world which
is free from its complications and conflicts, which
paints a false picture of its coherence and unity
(obviously for pedagogic purposes), thus deepening the
conflict between the world of children (protected
from) the world of adults (which they come into
conflict with). If I can find the passage I will post
it on this list serve- I dont think that it is
irrelevant in this context.