[Foucault-L] Fwd: Re: Foucault's Ethics- irreducible complexity

Hi peter, your post reminded me of a passage I recall
reading in Foucaults early work on 'Mental illness and
psychology' which spoke of the problem posed by a
system of education which presents children a picture
of the adult world which is, like its ideal conception
(myth), free from its real complications and
conflicts, which paints a false picture of its
coherence and unity (obviously for pedagogic
purposes), thus deepening the conflict between the
world of children (protected from) the world of adults
(which they come into conflict with). If I can find
the passage I will post it on this list serve- I dont
think that it is irrelevant in this context...