Re: [Foucault-L] said's orientalism, foucault's comments?

Cheers, I'm interested in this too so I'll try to track them down.

Javed Majeed does a sort of round-about critique of Said in his book on James Mill (Ungoverned Imaginings), tries to replace Foucault with Taylor and ends up with not much Said ... I don't think Majeed had read that much Foucault when he wrote the book, just noted some effects of the way Said reads Foucault (without noting that it is a very specific reading) and then Taylor's reading of Foucault, which seems in many ways similar to Said's, so that Taylor's critique of Foucault could then be applied to Said to resurrect the Subject and then, subsequently, a multicultural form of liberalism.

What a convoluted sentence. Sorry. I hope it makes sense!