[Foucault-L] Introduction

Hello fellow Foucaultians. (Or is it Foucauldeans? Foucaudians? Being new to the list, perhaps this has already been established definitively).

I'm currently a Ph.D. Candidate in music education at the University of Toronto. My dissertation examines issues of subjectivity and self- making, viewed from the standpoint of recreational music makers and the disciplinary practice of music education as it exists in the school system.

While Foucault has found somewhat of a comfortable home within education generally, I am unaware of any work going on that uses Foucault in music or music education. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be most welcomed.

I look forward to learning much from this email forum.

Roger Mantie