Re: [Foucault-L] beginnings

I am no expert on this regarding Foucault but I remembered the following paper because I edited the volume in which it appeared a few years ago:

Warren Montag, 'Foucault and the Problematic of Origins': Althusser's Reading of Folie et déraison

http://www.borderlands.net.au/vol4no2_2005/montag_foucault.htm

It discusses all the relevant passages in that early work by Foucault and points out the relations to Nietzsche