Re: [Foucault-L] translation question: Historical Being and Time

The mytho-poetry of language furnishes us with an expression which recommends itself (I believe it translates a french form of expression which it was Foucault's writings to forge): historical ontology.

Yes, I was hoping somebody would correct me on this point, that introduction by Drefus performs the literary work which I attributed to the translator which as you remind was done by Sheriden (for me it didnt really matter, all that was important are these connections you see with me are established in this preface with the concerns of the mode of being of historical ontology).

Now, as to the situation or structure, mode of being, of historical ontology, what presents itself in my view- my archaeologically mind- is the model of the trinity in the form of the so called 'mystery of the cross' so much talked about by all the early church fathers and stressed later by the medieval mystics. Call it, a paradigmatic model, in so far as the dream work of allegory is concerned with the picturing forth of spiritual struggles of an earthly existence in a way which integrates the platonic tripartite of past, present and future, with a view to them all at once, eternity in a moment: the form of expression which the historical theologian Alister Mcgrath used when called upon by Richard Dawkins, during an interview for his documentary series The Root of All Evil (The God Delusion, and The Virus of Faith), to justify the faith he professes- with a religious zeal- upon the grounds of evidentiary reasons was "I dont believe in him because I see
him, I believe in him because I see by his light". The mysetery of the cross and the miracle of the trinity was sanctified by the Council of Nicea. But when Ceaser claimed the epitaph of God for himself when Rome crowned him with the title of their dictator, he was killed for his hubris: only in death would he achieve what was denied him in life, the status of a god.

Ceaser: "I am no man because I am everyman and thus am I a god" (Caligula, 1979).