Re: [Foucault-L] The Archaeology of Knowledge

no, not in the sense that it's hard to read - I don't consider it to be more difficult than "The Order of Things" or "Madness and Civiliization" What I mean is that it requires a lot of work on questions like:
- How specific must rules of formation be? They should delimit one discourse from another, though must be broad enough to allow for all the variance possible within one discourse. What is the criterion used?
- How do these rules exactly work (if we presume that Dreyfus & Rabinow got it wrong)?
- What exactly is the relationship between power (as in Foucaults later texts, that is, a restructuring of the field of possible actions) and discursive practices?

Answering these question and "working" with the archeological method on the material I try to analyze is the hard part - at least for me, as I am trying to use the Archeology of Knowledge as a reearch tool.
What do you think? What's your approach on the Archeology?

Chetan Vemuri schrieb:
hard to work with in what way?
In that its difficult to read?