Re: [Foucault-L] request for a seminar in political philosophy

Hi Nick,

many thanks for the high praise you heap on my work.

Regarding the questions you raise at the end regarding Hardt and Negri
and Deleuze and Guattari – well, I have to plead some ignorance myself
in relation to the last pair, but I take it the big difference is that
they all make a distinction between constituted/constitutive power,
between potentas/potentia, pouvoir/puissance – that I don't think one
finds in Foucault. What one does have in Foucault is a
power/resistance distinction, which fulfils a similar function, but
which I don't think is the same thing – you'll understand this perhaps
when you get to the chapter on resistance.

Best,
Mark

Mark Kelly
Lecturer in Philosophy
Centre for Research in Modern European Philosophy
Middlesex University
http://www.mdx.ac.uk/www/crmep/STAFF/MarkKelly.htm

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] request for a seminar in political philosophy