Re: [Foucault-L] request for a seminar in political philosophy

some suggestions:
Discipline and Punish
Society Must be Defended
Security Territory Population (very good for governmentality)
The Hermeneutics of the Subject perhaps? In terms of ethics of
governmentality
I also recommend The Archaeology of Knowledge if you can find some way to
put that in, as it provides key insights into Foucault's later work as well
as its own merits on the role of discourse and the construction of
knowledge.

in terms of work concerning his influence:
anything by David Halperin, Judith Butler, Jana Sawicki, Giorgio Agamben,
Colin Gordon, Nikolas Rose, Partha Chatterjee or Arnold Davidson should work
fine.
Mark Kelly is actually releasing a book very soon on The Political
Philosophy of Michel Foucault, regarding the coherent progressive political
program he finds in Foucault's work.

--
Chetan Vemuri
West Des Moines, IA

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] request for a seminar in political philosophy
    • From: Nicholas J. Kiersey