[Foucault-L] request for a seminar in political philosophy

Dear List members,

I am going to prepare some reading for a seminar on Foucault, and I am looking for some suggestions on which texts to include. The seminar is meant for students doing a master in philosophy. It is a reading seminar in political philosophy, focusing on another author each year. My idea was to roughly divide the seminar into two parts, with the first part focusing on his work, and the second on his influence, or the way he has inspired other work (for example feminist theory, postcolonial thinking, governmentality studies, etc.)

I would welcome any suggestions on which texts of Foucault you find most suitable for this purpose, which topics should be covered and also which discussions of his work could be included.

Best,

Annelies Decat

---

Institute of Philosophy (University of Leuven)
Centre for Ethics, Social and Political Philosophy

Contact:
Parkstraat 45 bus 3602 - 3000 Leuven
T. ++32 16 323245
F. ++32 16 323088

  • Re: [Foucault-L] request for a seminar in political philosophy
    • From: Chetan Vemuri