Re: [Foucault-L] Maladie mentale et personnalité

That seems like an accurate summary of how I was suggesting
reading it.

You remark:

> “extérieures” in the sentence we have
> been discussing is not a misprint, but
> nor does it refer to noematic analysis,
> as I originally suggested.

It's interesting.

This "misprint" advocates seem to suggest
that what is measured along the dimensions
in question is the generalized shape
of the subjective experience of the subjects
in question.

Your clever initial reading was more conservative
and said that "exterior dimensions" referred
to the subjective "coordinate system" that the
subjects in question impose on the world.

What seems right, though, is that he much more
simply meant the dimensions by which we measure
the objective presentation of a mentally-ill
patient.

It's damn subtle.

Regards,
-t