Re: [Foucault-L] foucault and "human nature"

Jean-Jacques Lecercle identifies 'four harmful characteristics' in Chomsky's theory of language: methodological individualism, fetishism, the refusal of history, and naturalism. Each of these would seem to relate to Chomsky's
innatism, the defence of which - together with the defence of the idea of 'free association' - seems to be the raison d'être for Chomsky's steadfast adherence to theoretical humanism in the face of Foucault's critique.

It is common to associate theoretical anti-humanism with the denial of agency or creativity but theoretical humanism could just as well be said to be the denial of social antagonism or the subordination of human antagonism within a narrative of the unfolding of human nature, and the attribution of creativity to a 'human essence' rather than actual, living, concrete human beings.