Re: [Foucault-L] Aesthetics and Power

He wrote alot in the 60's regarding the relations between artworks and
power relations/epistemology. His writings on painting and literature
somewhat fall under this category. He also was in the midst of writing
a substantial book on the connection between painting and politics
with regards to the work of Manet. It was never finished but a few
Tunisian lectures roughly sketching the work of that book have been
published in a new little volume : "Manet and the Object of Painting"
or some such thing. It doesn't get to the crux of what Foucault wanted
to do with Manet but its a start.

--
Chetan Vemuri
West Des Moines, IA