Re: [Foucault-L] Aesthetics and Power

Hi Consirération,

While I certainly do appreciate your opinion, and aside from debating what
Foucault actually thought. I very simply see more in Foucault's work than
the strict separation between aesthetics in the case of art and the
metaphysical creation of how the world is represented. I find creativity
central to both traditional art and the world as representation. One of the
differences I find is that the latter is part of an ideological (I know
loaded term in regards to Foucault, but right now that is what is coming to
mind) bind that eludes the perception of it as a creation, the former is
used to channel creativity in an 'acceptable' manner. The way in which I am
approaching the topic is through power. Anyways, my goal is not to
regurgitate Foucault. While I don't think me and him saw the world in the
same way in regards to this topic, I also don't expect that (that would be
extremely boring - Foucault and I wouldn't learn anything). I am writing
this on the fly, but I will certainly give your comments more thought.

Thanks,

Teresa