Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory

Op 06-04-11 17:02, a.e.leeds@xxxxxxxxx schreef:
However, it would certainly be correct to point out that Foucault is very
concerned with the ethical, political, even existential entanglements of
utterances claiming truth, and analytic philosophy doesn't much care about
this. But to do a really good comparison, we'd have to start looking at
analytic and Foucauldian ethical theory, which is whole 'nother game.
There have been many comments about Foucault being influenced by Heidegger. Now we know that Heidegger discarded both correspondence and coherence theory and forwarded his phenomenological theory of unconcealedness. My guess is that this tells us more about Foucault's ideas than modernist utilitarian ethics.

erik

Folow-ups
  • [Foucault-L] foucault and documentary cinema
    • From: Umut Kocagöz
  • Replies
    Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory, Ali Rizvi
    Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory, Tim Rackett
    Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory, Nathaniel Roberts
    Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory, Chetan Vemuri
    Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory, ricky
    Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory, a . e . leeds