Re: [Foucault-L] Japanese editions

Hi Hiroko

Amazon.co.jp charge a lot of money for postage. On the other hand, they usually don't charge postage within Japan and you can pay by debit card.

If you can, have it sent to a family member or friend in Japan who doesn't mind sending it on to you. If you buy several books the price might work out okay.

I used to have an account with them when I lived in Japan, so I tried it to see what it would charge to send it to me in Australia ($US price would be slightly higher).

Items: AUD 28.43
Shipping & Handling: AUD 35.53

That's for Japanese translation of history of sexuality vol. 1

Surely someone can send it to you from Japan to the USA for much less than that! I used to smuggle ichi-man notes back to Australia in old books of mine, the postage for a book wasn't very much, I think it worked out to something like $10.

You just need someone there who can send it for you. If I still knew people there I would ask them to send me CDs.

best of luck!

David

On 27/04/2011, at 10:40 PM, hiroko ohno wrote:

> I am looking for Foucault book Japanese version.
> I asked Japanese book store but they didn't have.
> I can order to Amazon in Japan but they can't send it.
> I live in New York if someone knows any kind of store which can sell it
> please tell me.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Hiroko

Folow-ups