Re: [Foucault-L] Marx and Foucault

Foucault recognised the Left as his 'family' (I guess with all the infighting, dysfunctional and authoritarian relationships that it entails). At the time of the stale debate you are reproducing here I felt that Balibar's essay on Power and Value was intelligent and thought provoking. I can't remember where it is, perhaps in Michel Foucault philosopher, the collection.
Thankfully things have moved on, both in Marxist theory and Foucauldian investigations. I don't think you can dispense with either for an effective critique of capitalism. But we should certainly dispense with historical revisionism, whatever its colour.