Re: Pipe

><from Kristin Switala>
>
>Here is an excellent article on Foucault's THIS IS NOT A PIPE:
>
>Jeanneau, Augustin, "En partant du calligramme," REVUE FRANCAISE DE
>PSYCHANALYSE 53 (6), Nov.-Dec. 1989, pp. 1779-1783.
>
>Foucault himself wrote an article on Raymond Roussell and metagrams:
>
>Foucault, Michel, "Dire et voir chez Raymond Roussel," in DITS ET ECRITS,
>Vol. 1, Paris: Gallimard, 1994, pp. 205-214.
>
>And here is a secondary source on Raymond Roussel:
>
>Pilling, John, "A Little posthumous prosperity: Raymond Roussel," PN
>REVIEW 15 (1), 1988, pp. 43-46.
>
>I hope this is helpful!
>
>Sincerely,
>Kristin Switala
>
>Email: kswitala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been reading with interest the exchange of references about
Foucault, Art and Seeing, and have noted the references provided by Ned
and Kristin.

I have a postgrad session to deliver to our core Advanced Media Theory MA
group in around a month and I want to address Foucault's relevance for
Media Studies. In a third year Gender and the Media Class that the
majority completed last year we looked briefly at the relevance of his
theories of power/knowledge , discourse, the docile and inscribed body,
the *normal family* and* sexuality* for understanding representations of
bodies in the media as contested terrain.

I will work more on these themes but want to extend it to surveillance via
the media.

Any other ideas on good readings for any of the above topics?

cheers,

Lynne Star