French pol phil

I suppose members of this list may well already be up on the book I just
discovered, but in case you aren't, you should be:
Mark Lilla, ed.
New French Thought. Political Philosophy
(Princeton, 1994)
I haven't read much of the main contents = translated essays by various
philosophers, but I was very instructed and enlightened by Lilla's
introduction. Its main burden is the supersession of the Foucault generation,
and the one before it, I guess ... = the anti-"liberal" Front. Guaranteed to
upset those who are mainly attracted to F as the hottest Left thinker.

Bill Peck
Reed C