Re: Re[4]: useful and docile bodies

Joe,

I was interested in your posting, can you supply the ref for:

> Foucault claims: "I'm an empiricist. I don't try to advance
>> things unless they apply" (Body/Power)

However, in regard to :

3. Linked to #1&2 (an these can come in any order), a
> materialism (again, A Marxian precept).

Marx's materialism was never so vulgar as to conflate the real with the
actual, else why all the concern with unobservable structures, nay even
metaphysical ones: Hume would have hated this. Also, I thought that since
Derrida amongst others, everyone "knows" that there is no escaping
metaphysics, despite the logical positivists thinking they had.

Thanks,

Colin.

Colin Wight
Department of International Politics