Re: manliness

>I'm amazed at how manly this list is. I haven't seen a post by an
>identifiable woman on this list for quite a while.
>
>Guess it's cause of the boy-style arguing.
>
>bye bye.
>malcolm

Speaking personally, I haven't been participating recently for two reasons:
(1) I recently moved house, and was too busy painting, unpacking, fixing
walls, et cetera to keep up with this list; and (2) there have been no
threads that interest me. I must confess that I already have opinions on the
majority of the issues folks have been discussing lately, and I haven't
read any counter argumentsto my particular position(s) that intrigued me
enough to bother writing.

Am I the only woman on this list who finds it strange that *malcolm*
complains of the overly -masculine style this list tends to drift toward ?
While his posts are not as vituperative as some, they are often ponderous
and long-winded (sorry, my plain language slip is showing . . .) Next Colin
will write in to complain that people are too personally abusive on this
list. Aargh.

In an effort to start a new thread, I wonder if anyone has read Vikki Bell's
_Interrogating Incest: Feminism, Fouault and the Law_, Routledge: London,
1993? I just finished reading it, and would like to discuss it, if there's
someone out there who's also read it. (I promise to play nice in the sandbox
with you if you e-mail me back, *especially* if you are a girl. Girls are so
much nicer to play with)

love and kisses to all that want them,

chloe

Folow-ups