Re: manliness

Hi Chloe.

You are correct that my criticism of the manliness of this list is, shall
we say, deeply ironic at the very least (if not downright...). The
question of how to argue, of what the point of argument is, of how
gendered its academic practice is, and of how this moy be
counterproductive given certain aims, is something I am struggling with
at the present time. And, as you point out, I am by no means free and
clear of the target of my critique. But I'm working on it.

Also, I haven't read Bell's book, but I do have access to a copy, and
would really like to start a public reading of it. If this is what you
had in mind of course.

bye for now.

malcolm