Re: manliness

hi chloe,

that book by vikki bell sounds interesting--i'll be sure to put it on my
summer reading list. i can't say i've been following recent debates on
this list; like you, it's not because i find the participants or
topics especially masculinist--just i've been busy grinding out dross for
the academic mill and haven't felt the necessary impetus to join in...

but summer's fast approaching (i know it's already here for the rest of
the world which is not on the quarter system). and i'm hoping this will
give me some time to talk/ask about issues re: gender and sexuality in
foucault--from my viewpoint, of course, as a woman (of color, nonetheless!!)
who is very much into all of this stuff.

best,
chi hyun

ps isn't it interesting how female silence so often gets misconstrued?
as if, unlike (male) silence it always has to mean something: compliance,
fear, etc...sometimes, guys, it can mean nothing at all--just friendly,
routine, run of the mill indifference.