Re: Biomedical discoursive and non-discoursive practices around

Joerg, and others,

My research is on Nietzsche, Heidegger and Foucault. The thesis looks at the
role of space and place in the historical work of Foucault, and argues that
to understand his theoretical background it is important to look at the work
of Heidegger as well as Nietzsche. The reading of Heidegger examines how his
attitude to questions of space changed through his career ? particularly as
a result of his reading of Nietzsche and Hölderlin in the 1930s and 40s. A
detailed reading of Heidegger shows how his work is important to Foucault,
and allows us to understand the latter's practices and conceptual tools much
more clearly. The theoretical insights such work achieves are then used to
discuss Heidegger?s work on technology and politics, and to re-read Foucault
?s Histoire de la folie and his genealogy of modern discipline from the
perspective of the spatial question; an analysis it is hoped sheds new light
on their contribution to political theory.

That's about it. Sorry for the rather formal prose, but the above is adapted
from my CV.

Where did Heidegger come in your graphic?

Best

Stuart