Re: (urgent)question

At 07:02 am 3/24/99 -0500, you wrote:

>hi, i'm in need of a little information.
>there's a diagram on the cover of the dreyfus+rabinow book -
>a triangle, reading at the bottom corners: plaisir, desir.
>
>what is the label over the third corner? and, what does the title above
>the triangle say?
>
>i need this information by thursday morning 3/25. but if you get this
>message later, though the info won't be vital, it will ntl be of interest
>to me.
>
>many thanks-
>paul lekas

Paul,

the third term is "acte"

A little trivia, in case you're interested:

I remember being at the presentation given by Hubert Dreyfus, and he
discussed the origins of the cover of this book. He said that during a
conversation with Foucault, Foucault had become quite animated, and drawn
all over the board in his (Dreyfus', I think) office. After the
conversation (which I think is the 1983 interview on the second edition),
Dreyfus took a photograph of the scribblings, and this later became the
cover of the book.

The details of this aren't very clear, as this was a while ago. But I
think this is largely correct.

Campbell Jones.