Von: owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Im Auftrag von Loren
Dent
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2000 02:45
An: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: Archaeology of Knowledge, The trace

Well, i found the sentence i was looking for...on pg 121... "it ['this
other history'] can be purified in the problematic of the trace, which,
prior to all speech, is the opening of inscription, the gap of deferred
time, it is always the historico-transcendental theme that is reinvested".

unfortunately, i'm having difficulty understanding the context surrounding
this statement.. if he's summarizing a line of thought that he wishes to
move beyond, or placing his analyses of the statement within this
thought. help?

loren