RE: reach... the absurd

newidder writes:

>> Remember this : racism was invented in the
>>west, to the rest of the world it is unknown.

>The term racism may have been invented in the west, and the normalizing
forms
>of categorization maybe as well, but so what? It has been adapted very
easily
>elsewhere.

>>The
>>ethnic cleansing and the racism is invented and
>>belongs to the culture of the west,

>Of course, there's no such thing as a non-Western genocide (Cambodia,
Turkey).

>> so the west wants
>> to recognise in the rest of the wrold some racism,
>> without to think about the fact , that the rest of the
>> world is completely disaware about the meaning of it.

>In this modern/postmodern world it is ludicrous to think that no one else
>understands the meaning of the word. In any event, self-defense of the
>nation-state, the idea of ownership of the land (it was my ancestor's) and
the
>like are also "Western inventions." Zionism was a western movement, and
one
>that in certain ways was forced upon non-Western Jews.

---------------------------------
Much as I hate to agree with Jivko, it does seem he has a point - although
perhaps we'd be better off thinking in terms of 'identity politics' being
invented in the west, whereupon it is easier to see that all the struggles
that are being mentioned, including 'self-defence of the nation-state'
(eugh!), the 'right' to practice ones religion freely, (and let's not forget
the genocides in Chile, Rwanda, etc, etc, etc...) do indeed owe a lot to
Western colonial and philosophical disseminations (that are still
continuing)...

On a more general note, the only indication that there are any philosophers
subscribed to this list that I have seen have come from the performances of
cwduff (and a couple of others less consistent) - so let's see more such
affirmation, and less pointless bickering.

Up the duff!
;-)

'Thus formless is not only an adjective having a given meaning, but a term
that serves to bring things down in the world, generally requiring that each
thing have its form. What it designates has no rights in any sense and gets
itself squashed everywhere, like a spider or an earthworm.' - Bataille