Gerard Lebrun

Do you know the coments of Gerard Lebrun about
Foucault? What articles do you know adapted for
english?

b.r.

--- nairda oremor <oxanairda@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu: >
John, maybe you would like to read the note that
> Gerard Lebrun wrote about the phenomenology
> contained
> on Les Mots et les Choses. This might give you the
> chance to link the death of the man as the end of
> phenomenology rather than the end of Subjectivity.
> You
> can find the articule in the book that George
> Canguilhem dedicated to Foucault, called Michel
> Foucault philosophe (1989).
>
> adr
>

> --- John Patrick <panoptician@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribi:
> >
> Chris and Trent,
> > I agree with both of you that the death of Man
> > refers to a subjectivity that
> > arose (or at least reached its fruition) in Europe
> > under humanism, a
> > subjectivity I choose to designate witha capital
> S.
> > My more tenuous (but
> > probably not original) assumptions are that this
> > Subjectivity had its roots
> > in Socratic philosophy and ended with Nietzche.
> > Foucault does say "God and
> > man died a common death." ("Nietzche, Geneaolgy,
> > History" I believe.
> >
> > I also think it is possible to resist the dominant
> > discourse. Foucault does
> > it. My question is how, without reverting back to
> > the Great Men of history
> > explanation.
> >

> > >From: Trent Hamann <thhamann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > >To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >Subject: Re: Subjectivity
> > >Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:11:44 -0400
> > >
> > >I'm not sure I agree with your premisses here.
> > >
> > >Foucault never argues for the end of
> subjectivity.
> > All of his interest in
> > >ethics, technologies of the self, and an
> aesthetics
> > of existence is a
> > >consideration of what kinds of creative work may
> be
> > done within the
> > >supposed limitations of specific subject
> > formations.
> > >
> > >Subjectivity is not a transhistorical or
> > metaphysically fixed "thing" so
> > >much as a site and process of local formation
> that
> > greatly determines how
> > >individuals act, think, speak, etc. "Man" is the
> > product of a historically
> > >and culturally unique set of processes of
> > subjectivation that emerge in
> > >modern Europe, perhaps most prominently under the
> > labels of "Enlightenment"
> > >and "Humanism" (with all of the specific
> practices
> > and discourses they have
> > >deployed). It is a complex often self
> > contradictory historical formation
> > >that arose gradually and is also likely to come
> > be replaced by something
> > >else. (Perhaps it already has?)
> > >
> > >Resistance is possible by first of all becoming
> > critically aware of those
> > >limitations that are historically and culturally
> > conditioned and imposed
> > >through forms of governance yet appear to be
> > permanent, natural, or fixed
> [...]

=====
http://www.geocities.com/bernardorieux
"Navigare necesse; vivere non est necesse"
Pompeu

Yahoo! Encontros
O lugar certo para encontrar a sua alma gêmea.
http://br.encontros.yahoo.com/