RE: Problematizing

I can't remember, he might have rejected the theorist label, but Foucault has
morph'ed so many times in his career, it's hard to say he never was a
theorist. Besides ... just because he claims he is not one, doesn't mean he
is more right than those who label him as such ;-) (for that matter, Foucault
also, at some point, rejected the "philosopher" label, the "anarchist" label,
among others)

Back to "problematize"... I seem to recall Foucault saying that he refuse to
be part of the "politics", and that his role is to map out the mechanism of
domination in all its complexity in order to provoke resistance and doubts and
uncertainties. He also claim that his goal is to effect a societal change
much more profound than redrafting the law.

-raccoon