RE: [Foucault-L] governmentality and 'law and order'

i was curious about the need to ""reconcile" a Foucaultian governmentality
methodology with traditional moral panic theory." why reconcile?
why not rather put both bodies of writing to work on the problem at hand;
drawing out their possible ccoextensivities but also playing on their
possible tensions and contradictions in an attempt to describing a
problem/problematisation?